Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Rainy Day Un-Blues

For a class I took this semester, Health Care Missions and Christian Service, we are required to do 90 hours of mission work or community service that will count as clinical hours for nursing school. I had the choice of spending $3500 and going to Honduras or staying in OKC and doing community service during the 1st intersession of class. Needless to say, I stayed home. So, I've been volunteering lots and lots over the past two weeks.

I've really enjoyed the work we've done so far (a Christian service center and a community health clinic), but today was the day I was dreading the most. We were going to an Adult Day Care. Well, I was really wrong. Today was a great experience. I don't want to say much, but it was really awesome. Definitely not as bad as I thought it was going to be.

It has rained and stormed all day! So, I can't go on my run tonight...bummer.

Tonight Dylan and I are staying in. We ordered pizza and are going to be lazy together while it's stormy outside!

No comments: